Ohio Personal Injury
OHIO CATASTROPHIC INJURY LAWYERS
LAWYERS FIGHTING FOR YOUR FUTURE AFTER A SERIOUS, LIFE-ALTERING INJURY
No one wants to think about the worst happening. But when tragedy strikes and you or a loved one become catastrophically – perhaps permanently – injured, you need to ensure your legal rights are protected. When you or someone you loved sustains severe injuries to the spine, brain, or major organ, or has lost a limb, you should not have to worry about dealing with insurance claims and resistance from negligent parties. You should be focusing on healing, both physically and emotionally.
That is where CPW Law comes in. Our personal injury law firm houses a group of passionate, dedicated Ohio personal injury lawyers. Our top priorities include resolving your catastrophic injury claim quickly, effectively, and with as little disruption to you and your family as possible. From our offices in Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Chagrin Falls and Chesterland, we serve clients throughout Ohio. Our Ohio personal injury attorneys believe in pursing maximum compensation – and as a result, our clients have been awarded several multi-million-dollar settlements.
WHAT IS A CATASTROPHIC PERSONAL INJURY?
Catastrophic injuries are severe, potentially life-changing injuries. The National Center for Catastrophic Sport Injury Research associates three outcomes with catastrophic injuries:
- Permanent and severe functional disability
- Severe head or neck trauma with no permanent disability
- Furthermore, United States law states that a catastrophic injury is one that prevents the individual from “performing any gainful work.”
In short, catastrophic injuries are debilitating, life-threatening injuries that may leave you with lifelong medical complications, huge financial burdens, and an inability to gain meaningful employment. Tragically, many of the injuries our clients sustain could have been prevented, if not for the carelessness or recklessness of another.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Ohio?
The statute of limitations, which is the legal time limit for taking legal action, for most personal injury claims is two years from the date of injury under Ohio Revised Code § 2305.10 (A).
How to file a personal injury claim after a catastrophic injury in Ohio
These are the basic steps for a personal injury claim:
- In Ohio you have two years from the date of injury (statute of limitations) to take legal action
- Gather evidence, which might include photos, video footage, medical records, witness statements, police reports
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney and share the evidence you have gathered
- The insurance company may choose to settle the claim rather than go to court
- Your attorney will file the complaint if you are unable to reach a satisfactory settlement with the insurance company
- Prepare for court
EXAMPLES OF CATASTROPHIC INJURIES IN OHIO
At CPW Law, our catastrophic injury attorneys have successfully resolved a wide range of catastrophic injury cases throughout Ohio. We have represented clients with injuries such as:
- Burn injuries.Serious burns can leave permanent scarring and disfigurement – and even lead to shock or death. When the layers of skin underneath the surface become damaged, you are at greater risk of infection as well.
- Loss of limb. If you or a loved one lost a limb as the result of an accident, it is time to hold the negligent parties accountable. Whether you needed an arm, leg, foot, or other part of your body amputated, your life is dramatically altered from now on; you deserve justice.
- Persistent vegetative state / coma.When a loved one slips into a coma after an accident, you are in for a terrifying ordeal. Even more frightening, a coma could lead to being in a persistent vegetative state, meaning your loved one may never be the same again.
- Spinal cord injuries.A complete or incomplete spinal cord injury may disrupt your ability to enjoy the activities you once loved. A serious injury might even leave you temporarily or permanently paralyzed.
- Full / permanent paralysis.When a spinal cord injury causes a full and permanent paralysis, your life changes forever. We protect those whose futures were altered irreparably after a serious spinal cord injury
- Partial / permanent paralysis.Partial permanent paralysis is devastating. Your limited mobility and function severely impacts your job, your family life, and your day-to-day activities, and you may require rehabilitative services for the rest of your life.
- Traumatic brain injury.Traumatic brain injuries, or TBIs, can leave permanent consequences, such as reduced brain function, depression, loss of concentration, mood disorders, and more. Even a seemingly minor blow to the head might have lifelong implications.
CAUSES OF CATASTROPHIC INJURIES THROUGHOUT OHIO
Negligent acts occur when someone fails to act reasonably or use ordinary care and can occur under a variety of circumstances:
- Medical malpractice
- Trucking accidents
- Birth injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Motor vehicle crashes
While you and your family adjust to life after a catastrophic injury, you want an aggressive Ohio attorney to fight on your behalf. Let the Ohio catastrophic injury lawyers of CPW Law handle all the legal hurdles and headaches so you do not have to worry.
CHOOSE CPW LAW TO HELP YOU AFTER A CATASTROPHIC INJURY
Do not shoulder the burden of a catastrophic injury alone. Turn to a compassionate Ohio personal injury attorney at CPW Law who pursues legal justice on your behalf. To learn more about how CPW Law can help, call 877-686-8879 for a consultation or contact us online. We serve Ohio clients in Columbus, Chesterland, Cleveland, Chagrin Falls, Cincinnati and the surrounding regions.